I don't know how many of you have seen the latest South Park episode yet, so I'm not going to spoil anything for the ones who haven't.
There's something else though, and I'm confident that I'm not the only one who thinks this. Have any of you noticed that South Park used to be a lot better? I mean, it's not a bad show now, but it used to be freaking hilarious.
Last night's episode was one of my least favorite South Park episodes. What's weird is that I thought almost every episode up to season 13 was great, but the second half of season 14 -especially the Nascar episode- just didn't do. At first I thought I was just outgrowing the humor, but then I watched some of the earlier episodes and they still made me laugh hard.
I don't know man, but I hope future episodes will be as good as they used to be.
If you have seen the latests episode, tell me what you thought of it in the comments!
Of course, since this is a music blog, I will post some South Park related music. (By the way, did you know that Trey Parker, one of the creators of South Park majored in music? He really is a great musician and songwriter, albeit fairly absurd music.) Check it out!
What would Brian Boitano Do? -original version
And the punk version (played by DVDA, Trey Parker sings and plays guitar and Matt Stone plays drums)
And of course, who could forget 'Uncle Fucker'?

lol that second video tripped me out
ReplyDeleteI still think "Chocolate Salty Balls" is the best.
ReplyDeleteAnd yeah, South Park ain't what it used to be. Trey and Matt admit that. They're not as focused on it as they used to be. Their passion is dwindling.
We'll see where it goes :)
ReplyDeleteGotta run out of comedic material at some point.
ReplyDeleteI like them all, its different now, but still funny.
ReplyDeletedidnt one of the songs win a grammy
ReplyDeleteyou forgot
ReplyDeletehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQV22nJLEAM :D
and imho the episode wasnt so bad, not on par with death-camp of tolerance or scott tennerman must die but still a solid episode