Today I actually had something else in mind to post, but when I got up this morning and saw what date it was, I remembered that it was David Gilmour's birthday. This legendary guitarist played for the equally legendary band Pink Floyd, one of my favorite bands. I can still remember the day I first listened to the Dark Side of The Moon; epic stuff, I couldn't believe it.
The guy's got a sweet singing voice and his guitar playing is simply magical, it's like talking with music. So passionate, so emotional, it's perfect.
This version of Comfortably Numb is my favorite. Both Gilmour and Bowie on the vocals and then that awesome solo at the end, it's like heaven.
The Island Jam was a B-Side of the single Smile of Gilmour's last album. Lovely, lovely blues jam.
Hope you like it, folks. Wink out!
His voice is amazing, thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteMellow stuff. I like it.
ReplyDeletechillin song man!
ReplyDeleteI love the song.
ReplyDeleteSounds Cool!
ReplyDeleteGreat song :) Thanks for sharing this artist I havent heard of!
ReplyDeleteGood stuff, gotta love it.
ReplyDeletegreat song.
ReplyDeleteReally good. Listening now :)
ReplyDeleteI've never heard of him, but it's not bad.
ReplyDeleteAwesome songs!
ReplyDeleteVery good songs, man. Good taste
ReplyDeleteso relaxing. i love it. :)
ReplyDeleteI love Gilmour...for me the real talent in Pink Floyd. Hope I get the chance to see him perform live.
ReplyDeleteReally great songs!
ReplyDeleteI love pink floyd as well. Very moving music :)
ReplyDeleteIf you're into electronic music, check out my set I just released today!
Electric Addict Set #3
Thanks for sharing, I love Pink Floyd!
ReplyDelete