My homies

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Does it offend you, yeah?

The name of the band I'm recommending today is, as said in the title of this post, Does it Offend you, yeah? A rather strange name, I agree. I looked it up when I first encountered them and the story is as follows. They couldn't find a name for their band , but they had their first gig coming up, so they needed a name. Not being able to come up with something they all could agree on, they decided to turn on the TV and take the first thing being said on the television as their band name. And that's exactly what happened. I think it was something Ricky Gervais said in an episode of the Office, but don't quote me on that.

Now, on the to band itself. The music they make is known as dance-punk and well, frankly, that name is really accurate. It's punky and you can dance to it. Although I must point out that some of their tracks are just plain weird (e.g. Attack of the 60ft Lesbian Octopus), but still rather brilliant.

The band has recently released a new album (10 days ago I think) but I haven't had time to check that out yet, my schedule's been really busy (and it doesn't look like that's going to change very soon). So I'm only going to post music from their first album. If you like that music, tell me in the comments, and maybe I'll post some music of their new album in one of my future posts.
Also: if you have the chance to see these guys live, do it. I saw them 3 years ago when they were touring with their first album, great show, enjoyed it very much!

Now, let's take a look at some of their music.


Cool song, cool music video, 'nuff said.



Their most 'normal' song imo. Absolutely love this song and the music video is pretty sweet too :D




Well, finally, the aforementioned song, Attack of the 60ft Lesbian Octopus. I love this song because it's so much fun to throw yo hands in the air like you just don't care to this song. I don't know, whenever I heard this song, it makes me not give a crap about anything; I just want to rock out with my cock out.




Here's a baby polar bear :3

2 comments:

  1. A brief period of cuteness before the whole 'arctic killer' thing sets in...how diabolical.

    ReplyDelete