My homies

Monday, March 7, 2011

And So I Watch You From Afar

Today's music is a bit heavier than what I posted so far. And So I Watch You From Afar, or ASIWYFA for short, are a band originating from Belfast, Northern Ireland. They play post-rock, a pretty 'obscure' genre up to this day. I absolutely fell in love with this band (and this genre, for that matter) in August 2009, when I saw this very band live. They weren't very known back then and they aren't very known right now either, but they really, really do deserve to be better known in my honest opinion. This was one of the best live performances I have ever seen in my life, and that means something as I have seen quite a few.
If you are a gamer, I've got some great news for you: post-rock is the perfect gaming music. It's instrumental, it has great build-up and it explodes at the exact right moment, like the perfect video game. If you are a drummer, you will most definitely enjoy ASIWYFA's music, because seriously, this drummer is an animal.

If you have the possibility of catching a gig of them, I seriously reccomend you do and I promise you will NOT regret it.
Here's a few ASIWYFA songs.



"Set Guitars To Kill"
This is the opening track on their self titled album, and Jesus Christ, what a track. This very track defines both their music and their spirit as a band. By the way, they also played this as opening track of both their gigs I have seen so far. Explosion from the very beginning. And the great thing is: they can keep up their energy level during the whole show.



"K is for Killing Spree"
Final track on their Letters EP and also my favorite track on that EP. This song is the perfect illustration of the great build-up I talked about earlier. Great guitar riffs and great drum riffs mixed with enough energy to burn down a small city, what more does one need?



"A Little Solidarity Goes a Long Way"
Another great track of theirs, not as brutal as most of their tracks; still pretty hard, but with a bit of melancholy or something. Very hard to explain, but you'll know what I mean when you actually listen to the song.


Hope you like it, folks. Wink out!

20 comments:

  1. the 3rd song is the best.
    good music man +follow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed, last song really touched my sould ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. sad. I was sure that K was for Killy

    ReplyDelete
  4. the second one is my favourite from the 3, really good

    ReplyDelete
  5. liked the second one man, cool vids.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Didnt really like those, but keep on!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, that track is awesome

    ReplyDelete
  8. ...love a bit of post rock (usually Mogwai for me)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like? I LOVE it.
    I'll follow you! :)

    ReplyDelete