My homies

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Mouse On The Keys

The music tip I'm giving you guys today is Mouse On the Keys. They're a Japanese band, but don't be fooled, they're not your average Japanese, J-pop playing band. These guys play brilliant, complex music that will simply blow you away. I'm talking rushing drums, explosive piano riffs, frankly EPIC MUSIC.
The band consists of three members, 2 guys on the keys and one guy on the drums (who can also play the piano).
I've been thinking of a way to accurately describe their genre, but I have to say it's nearly impossible and I still haven't found a way. So I'm just going to put it this way: it's sort of like a mix of jazz, post-rock and math-rock. If you haven't heard of the latter, don't worry, I'll post some math-rock on here some time!
I also thought of comparing their music to that of another band, but that too seemed impossible. Their music is simply unique, period.
The musicians themselves are really, really great. You will know what I'm talking about when you hear the songs I'm posting.
The songs I'll be posting are from their first album, 'An Anxious Object' that came out in 2008.



These are actually two songs, 'Completed Nihilism' and 'Spectres de Mouse', but I thought it'd be a good idea if I put them together, as Spectres begins where Nihilism ends.
I really think it's a shame that these guys aren't more known, because I absolutely love their music and I think it would be awesome if this music would be used in movies. I mean, wouldn't that be absolutely epic?

Anyway, if you liked this music, be sure to show the guys some love on their facebook page, I'm sure they'll appreciate it!


Hope you like it, folks. Wink out!

26 comments:

  1. not my thing but still thanks for sharing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spectres de mouse sounds like something that could be used as battle music in a Final Fantasy game.
    Needless to say, I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They remind me of another Japanese band, the Pizicatto Five.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be sure to check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The guy on drums does great job ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice, definitely giving their album a listen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. His name is Akira Kawasaki. You can read more about the band on http://www.myspace.com/mouseonthekeys

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool stuff man, gonna follow! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome man I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whoa...that didn't sound like typical Japanese music at all...

    ...I need to stop exposing myself to J-Pop.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow they are really good, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looking forward to hear more of this "math rock" you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That was better than I expected. You made a fan out of me. omw to their facebook now...

    ReplyDelete