My homies

Sunday, March 13, 2011

King Crimson

One of the first bands I fell in love with: King Crimson. My friend told me about them, I was about 16 at that time and both of us had recently gotten into prog rock. His father had a huge collection of old prog records and we used to spend buttloads of time in this room that had a vinyl record player and all those records. Then we'd go and try to play some prog music ourselves. Good times, I miss those days.

Anyway, King Crimson is today's topic. Now, prog rock, or progressive rock, isn't really what you'd call accessible music, so don't worry if you don't really like what you're about to hear.
I'll post two songs of their best known album, 'In the Court of the Crimson King', starting off with '21st Century Schizoid Man'.



The song takes a while to start, so just wait about 30 seconds (or skip the first 30 seconds).



The song they're most known for: 'In the Court of the Crimson King'.


Hope you like it folks. Wink out!

9 comments:

  1. Interesting music most definitely. I think I've actually heard of them before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty cool, think I'll look into them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Schizoid is sampled in Kanye's Power

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not entirely sold on King Crimson quite yet, but these selections have certainly spurred me to do a bit more listening.

    ReplyDelete
  5. not a huge fan of these guys...but keep em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that album! Listened to it on vinyl just a few hours ago!

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome
    and the name reminds me of the dark tower

    ReplyDelete
  8. pretty cool stuff

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty old stuff, but the first album "Crimson king" is a classic ;)

    ReplyDelete