Chet Baker is one of my favorite artists that have ever lived. He wasn't very old when he died (only 59), but in the years he was active, he has made quite a lot of recordings. Following are 2 of my favorite Chet Baker songs.
"Almost Blue"
This song was recorded live in Tokyo and is one of my favorite songs ever. It's simply so melancholic, deep and emotional. Listen to it and you'll know what I mean.
"Chetty's Lullaby"
A lullaby by Chet, sang in Italian. Translation of the lyrics:
Veglierò, questa notte solo per te, dolce bimbo ti dirò che presto tornerò, senza te, sento gelo nel mio cuor, cerco solo l'illusione di averti qui con me... torneran per me le stelle, nel mio cielo senza più nubi... sogni d'or, scendon lievi verso te, dormi caro che domani, col sol ti bacerò... Hope you like it, folks. Wink out! | I will watch over you tonight, only for you, Sweet baby I will tell you I will soon be back, Without you I feel cold in my heart, I search only for the illusion of having you here with me... The stars will be back for me, in my sky without clouds anymore, sweet dreams, they fall down lightly over you, sleep my dear, that tomorrow, with the sun I will kiss you... |
Wow good stuff. So relaxing
ReplyDeletethis depresses me
ReplyDeleteLet the music touch your soul, brother!
ReplyDeleteI've recently taken an interest in Jazz so thanks for the tip.
ReplyDeleteAnytime!
ReplyDeleteVery nice very nice
ReplyDeleteamazingly smooth :)