My homies

Friday, March 25, 2011

I kinda feel like skapunk today

The sun is shining and the grass is green. At least I think the grass is green; I live in the city so I'm not really sure about the color of grass anymore. But the sun is shining, that's for sure. Well, technically the sun is always shining, but what I meant was that it's nice weather around here SERIOUSLY IS ANYBODY EVEN PAYING ATTENTION TO WHAT I'M SAYING ANYMORE

/ragequit

(15 minutes of bashing my head on my desk later)
So, skapunk. Perhaps I should start off with a rather classic tune; 'Why Can't We Be Friends' by 'Smash Mouth'. Note that the song isn't originally by them, but I just like their version better (sue me) and I think you guys will too.



Fun fact about this song: it was played in space when NASA beamed it to the linking of Soviet cosmonauts and U.S. astronauts in 1975. I absolutely love random shit like this ;D
Anyway, for those of you who weren't familiar with the song, but recognize the sound of this band, I can guess why. One of their songs was used in the first Shrek movie. The song's called All Star.



Also a very cool song by a very cool band.

I have a few more cool ska(punk) bands for you, but I'm just going to post one more. If you like, I can post the others later. The band I'm gonna show you next is called Less Than Jake. I saw them live about 3 or 4 months ago. I didn't know them at all, but a friend of mine was going and asked if I wanted to come. Well, who am I to say no, right? So I went to the concert and fell in love with the hyperactive, happy, somewhat spastic tones of Less Than Jake. Here, let me show you a few of their songs.



'Liquor Store' is a very typical Less Than Jake song, it's so happy and careless. I mean, what's not to love? This is a song of their first album, a great album that I would recommend to everyone.


This is my favorite song of their latest album. It's about the decline of their home city (Gainesville, Florida aka The Lion City) due to increased drug use and crime in the last couple of years.




Also, here's your complementary cute animal pic.



Hope you like it, folks. Wink out!

5 comments: